Below is a list of deals that happened in Indian Startup Ecosystem today (26th June) including funding, merger, acquisition and many more.
1. Healthtech startup SigTuple has raised Rs 130 Cr in a Series B funding round led by Accel Partners and IDG Ventures.
2. Egg producer and agri-tech startup Eggoz has raised Rs 1.2 crore from clutch of angel investors including Narendra Sankar, Sunil Mishra, Vishal Sharma, Anurag Jhanwar and Mohini Jhanwar.
3. Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) has decided to launch a new platform next month to list the new-age companies in sectors like IT, ITES, bio-technology and life sciences, 3D printing, space technology and e-commerce.
4. Paytm has invested Rs 61 Cr into Paytm Entertainment, its wholly owned subsidiary that deals in ticket booking for movies and other entertainment channels, according to company filings with the Ministry of Corporate Affairs.
5. The government is working on a seven-step screening system for all appointments to key institutions and organisations, an elaborate process that begins with a candidate’s internet footprint and ends with a final nod from the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO) in successful cases, reported ET.
6. Indian technology investors have joined hands to launch a dedicated crypto fund named B1T Capital.
7. Reliance Jio Infocomm (Jio), telecom arm of billionaire-Mukesh Ambani owned Reliance Industries, has raised $1 billion (Rs 6,800 crore) from Korea Trade Insurance Corporation (K-Sure), to diversify its borrowing sources.
8. Non-banking finance company InCred Finance is seeking to invest around Rs 50 crore into Pune-based personal finance management startup Walnut.
9. Malaysia-based cryptocurrency company Belfrics Group has resumed its trading operations in India. The company had stopped its exchange operations in India in the early January this year after banks stopped providing payments solutions.
10. The start-ups that have availed loan and are running successfully will be entitled for the second round of funding from the government (up to Rs 1 crore) to expand their business, reported TheNewIndianExpress.
11. Global venture capital firm Sequoia Capital has formally kicked off the process of raising money for its sixth India-dedicated fund, reported VCCircle.
12. Clean-tech startup ZunRoof has raised a second round of angel funding of Rs 1.66 crore ($0.25 million) from i3N (led by Pradeep Tharakan, Sr. Energy Specialist at ADB and Vismay Sharma, MD, L’Oreal, UK & Ireland), Paipal Ventures’ Ajith Pai, Gaurav Gupta, Asia Director, Dalbergr and a bunch of IIT Kharagpur alumni based in US.