Below is a list of deals that happened in Indian Startup Ecosystem today (9th July) including funding, merger, acquisition and many more.
1. New Delhi-based fintech company IndiaLends has raised $10 million (about Rs 69 crore) in its Series B round of funding.
2. Investment platform, Groww has raised $1.6mn in pre-series A round of funding from Insignia Ventures Partners, Lightbridge Partners, Kairos and others, with participation from previous investors Mukesh Bansal and Ankit Nagori.
3. Paytm has claimed to have reached a run rate of 5 billion transactions in a year, with $50 billion of transactions value flowing through the platform annually.
4. Lightspeed Venture Partners has closed its second India fund with a corpus of $175 million as it looks back the new set of early-stage technology startups.
5. Reliance Jio-backed Balaji Telefilms’ video on demand platform ALTBalaji plans to invest up to Rs 500 crore over the next three years, majority of which will be to strengthen its content offerings.
6. On Amazon Prime Day sale 2018 which kicks off on 16 July, 18 Indian startups will launch about 25 new, exclusive products at discounted prices.
7. Info Edge which runs jobs site Naukri.com, has invested Rs 3 crore (around $440,000) in ZippServ, an online platform that provides risk-assessment services for real estate investments.
8. Monexo, peer-to-peer lending platform, today announced getting NBFC P2P certification from RBI for its operations.
9. Livspace expands to Hyderabad; earmarks a Rs 20 crore investment for the city
10. Pune-based healthcare startup SynThera Biomedical Private Limited, which focuses on R&D, manufacture and commercialization of affordable biomaterials-based medical devices, has secured an undisclosed amount of seed funding.
11. Online food delivery giant Swiggy which failed to process and deliver orders on Sunday night across Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Mumbai and Delhi, puts the blame on a technical glitch.
12. Xiaomi, which debuted on Honk Kong stock exchange on Monday, has raised $4.7 billion at a valuation of about $54 billion.
13. Binny Bansal has announced the Bengaluru-based e-commerce marketplace Flipkart will go slow in investing in startups.
14. Alibaba-backed company BigBasket has acquired daily essential ordering platform Morning Cart, reported Entrackr.
15. RentSher, an online product rental marketplace in India and the UAE, after successfully launching in Mumbai, Hyderabad, Delhi, and Dubai, is more than doubling its geographical footprint by launching in 7 new cities. RentSher has initiated operations in Chennai, Pune, and Cochin in India, and in Sharjah and Abu Dhabi in the UAE.