Below is a list of deals that happened in Indian Startup Ecosystem today (13th August) including funding, merger, acquisition and many more.
#TodayUpdates: 1. Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has announced its plans to launch incubators across India to groom space startups that build newer solutions in rocketry, communication satellites, and applications based on remote sensing data.
2. One97 Communications, the parent of digital payments company Paytm, has invested $16M in Gamepind Entertainment Pvt Ltd, a mobile gaming offering, in a joint venture (JV) with AGTech, a Hong Kong-based mobile games development company.
3. PolicyBazaar plans to work with China’s Ping An Insurance Group, which owns and operates Ping An Good Doctor — the world’s largest healthcare portal — to strengthen its new healthcare business DocPrime.
4. OYO has acquired Mumbai-based Weddingz.in, an online marketplace for wedding venues and vendors, for an undisclosed sum.
5. Hotstar’s parent Novi Digital media has received an investment of Rs 516 crore from Star US, as per financial documents sourced from business intelligence platform paper.vc.
6. Bengaluru and Delaware-based biopharma startup, Bugworks Research, has raised a Series A round of $9 million (about Rs 62.2 crore) led by the University of Tokyo Edge Capital (UTEC).
7. Amazon India on Friday has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the Uttar Pradesh government to support MSME entrepreneurs across nine districts as a part of the state’s One District One Product (ODOP) scheme, reported PTI.