Below is a list of deals that happened in Indian Startup Ecosystem today (1st August) including funding, merger, acquisition and many more.
1. Lendingkart Finance, the SME lending platform of Lendingkart Technologies, has raised Rs 300 crore (about $44 million) in debt funding from Aditya Birla Sun Life AMC along with another entity.
2. Bengaluru-based CSR lifestyle management platform Goodera has raised Series B funding round led by SAIF Partners, Nexus Venture Partners, and Omidyar Network.
3. Mumbai based startup Coolberg Beverages has raised seed funding from India Quotient Fund and the Indian Angel Network’s maiden fund for further expansion.
4. Flipkart-owned fashion retailer Myntra has acquired omnichannel fashion marketplace Pretr Online Services Pvt. Ltd for an undisclosed amount.
5. Private equity firm TPG has led an investment of $100 million in SME ledner Five Star Business Finance Ltd.
6. InnoVen Capital has made a debt investment of Rs 6 crore ($880,000) in Chennai-based educational startup Flinto Learning Solutions Private Limited.
7. Smart messaging platform, Gupshup has partnered with WhatsApp Business to enable enterprises build brand presence on WhatsApp.
8. Indonesia’s ride-hailing service GO-JEK has announced its first International operations in Vietnam, with the company backed GO-VIET now available on Google Play Store and Apple App Store.
9. Indian government is asking Whatsapp for setting up an office and recruiting a team in the country before the launch of UPI-based payments service.
10. According to a recent data revealed by market intelligence firm App Annie, UberEats claims to have 80,000+ downloads in last week of July, this year, while Swiggy has about 70,000 downloads recorded in the same timeline.
11. After Facebook losing $120 billion in a day last week, now Tencent, the Chinese tech giant and one of the world’s biggest tech companies, witnessed its stock down by 9.8 per cent in last month alone, a loss of $143 billion.
12. Paytm Payments Bank stopped enrolling new customers on June 20 following an audit by the RBI, which made certain observations about the process the company follows in acquiring new customers and its adherence to know-your-customer (KYC) norms, reported LiveMint.
13. Airtel has partnered with payments solution provider Razorpay to help its customers make online payments through UPI (Unified Payment Interface) on its website and mobile app.
14. Bengaluru-based startup that uses artificial intelligence to deliver personalized food recommendations, Dishq, has raised $400,000 in a pre-seed round of funding from Techstars Farm to Fork accelerator and Arts Alliance.
15. Timla Foods, which makes ready-to-eat popcorn under the brand ‘Popi-Corn’, has raised $2 million in debt financing from Anicut Capital.
16. Pune-based health financing startup Healthfin has raised $500,000 in a pre-Series A round of funding from Axilor Ventures, Sprout Venture Partner and Manish Khera, former CEO of Airtel Payments Bank who invested in his personal capacity, reported ET.
17. Mumbai-based do-it-yourself (DIY) app maker platform forBinary has raised seed funding from from JRS Investments and other angel investors.
18. Info Edge (India) Ltd, the parent company of job portal Naukri, is investing Rs 20 crore ($2.9 million) for about 23.54% stake in retail printing chain Printo Document Services Pvt Ltd. The company has also decided to divest its entire 70.47 per cent holding in Canvera Digital Technologies Ltd., held through wholly owned subsidiary Startup Investments Holding Ltd., for a nominal consideration to Printo.
19. Early-stage investment firm, Venture Catalysts has recently made a seed investment in the cutting-edge Android-based laptop OS, PrimeOS.
20. Fashion tech startup, StyleDotMe has launched a first-of-its-kind Augmented Reality (AR) tech platform for jewellery called mirrAR.
21. Accenture is inviting applications for the Accenture Innovation Challenge, a program that encourages college students in India to tap into their innovation potential, and make a difference to businesses and society.
22. Online luxury fashion store Pernia’s Pop Up Shop has launched a joint venture with Purple Style Labs (PSL) for business growth and expansion across all modes of retail channels. The joint entity also has secured $3 million from Flipkart’s Binny Bansal, PayU India’s Jitendra Gupta and Astarc Ventures in participation with existing investors including Calcutta Angels and Operator VC.