Below is a list of deals that happened in Indian Startup Ecosystem today (6th July) including funding, merger, acquisition and many more.
1. Online beauty retailer Nykaa has launched an e-commerce platform exclusively for men called Nykaa Man.
2. Early stage venture capital firm Artha Venture Fund (AVF) has achieved the first close of its maiden fund having raised Rs 40 crore.
3. Reliance Industries plans to start “hybrid online-to-offline” retailing through which anybody can buy anything from anywhere, whether it is a consumer, a seller or a manufacturer.
4. US-based early-stage investment firm Unreasonable Capital has invested in Gurgaon-based edtech startup Stones2Milestones.
5. Diaper maker Nobel Hygiene Pvt. Ltd has acquired baby diaper brand Snuggy from Godrej Consumer Products Ltd for an undisclosed amount.
6. PhonePe, the digital payments arm of homegrown e-tailer Flipkart, is in advanced talks to acquire the Point of Sale software-as-a-service (SaaS) platform run by Tiger Global-backed Zopper, reported VCCircle.
7. Silvan Innovation Labs which provides home automation solutions, has raised Rs 4.5 crore (around $650,000) in a bridge round from equity crowdfunding platform 1Crowd and existing investor Infuse Ventures, reported VCCircle.
8. DST, Intel India and SINE-IIT Bombay announce the second edition of Plugin, a collaborative accelerator program for hardware and systems startups
9. Pune-based online fitness consultation platform SQUATS to launch 120+ offline stores across India
10. Finzy, Indian peer to peer platform has received its NBFC-P2P certification from the Reserve Bank of India (RBI).
11. US retail giant Walmart, which two months ago had acquired 77 % stake in Flipkart for $16 billion, will pay up the biggest tax of up to $2 Billion to India’s income tax department.
12. Edtech startup Eruditus, a company that offers executive education programmes globally has raised $2.3 million in debt from Temasek-owned InnoVen Capital.
13. The Congress on Thursday has claimed that a bitcoin scam of over Rs 5,000 crore has been committed under the table of ruling party BJP in Surat, Gujarat.
14. Singapore state investment firm Temasek and Info Edge (India) Ltd have co-invested $27.6 million (Rs 190.5 crore) in the parent entity of online insurance selling platform PolicyBazaar, possibly as part of the $200-million funding round the India startup raised last month, reported DealStreetAsia.
15. Gurugram-based cross-border ecommerce enabler for brands and online retailers, Scale Labs, has raised nearly $ 1 million in seed funding from GPA Group, led by Vivek Agarwal, reported Inc42.
16. Digital payments company Innoviti Payments has invested Rs 20 crore in developing new technology solutions for its point of sales (PoS) terminals business to make it easier to convert purchases into monthly installments.
17. P2P platform Monexo Fintech to raise $5 million in equity
18. Nisus Fincorp, the non-banking financial company (NBFC) floated by private equity fund manager Nisus Finance, has made its maiden investment of $250,000 in co-working startup ClayWorks Spaces Technologies.
19. Venture capital (VC) firm Inventus Capital is in the process of making a first close of Rs 175 crore for its third fund by early next month, reported LiveMint. Inventus is targeting a total corpus of Rs 325 crore for the fund.