Below is a list of deals that happened in Indian Startup Ecosystem today (23rd August) including funding, merger, acquisition and many more.
#TodayUpdates: 1. Self-drive car rental startup Revv has raised a funding of $14.27M (Rs 100 Cr) in a Series B funding round led by South Korea’s largest automaker Hyundai.
2. Online stock broking startup Zerodha has invested Rs 2.5 crore as seed fund in Sensibull, a startup working in the options trading business.
3. Tez by Google has just crossed 50 million downloads in India.
4. After raising its sixth fund at $695 million on Tuesday, Sequoia Capital India became the largest VC fund in the country, losses three directors (Abhay Pandey, VT Bharadwaj, Gautam Mago) in past 15 months.
5. Global ecommerce company eBay is starting an export business to facilitate Indian sellers to sell across its major markets.
6. Augmented reality startup, HoloSuit has raised an undisclosed sum of funding from three investors—Shabir Momin, co-founder of digital video platform Zenga Media Pvt Ltd; Rohit Nanda, a Singapore-based infrastructure sector equity investor; and Mohammed Sirajuddin, co-founder at co-working space provider Creator’s Gurukul.
7. Info Edge (India) Ltd, which runs internet businesses Naukri.com and 99acres.com, has invested Rs. 2.64 crore ($377,071) in medical healthcare records platform Medcords.
8. Male grooming brand Bombay Shaving Company has raised Series A round of funding led by consumer goods major Colgate-Palmolive.
9. Packaged food products startup Sattviko has raised an undisclosed amount of funding from a bunch of angel investors.
10. Apple has removed Facebook’s Onavo VPN app from the App Store since it did not comply with its privacy rules.
11. Indian community workplace discussion app Hush has raised an undisclosed amount as part of its first external round of investment led by early-stage venture capital firm Accel along with participation from Sanjay Nadkarni, currently country manager at Houzz India as also from a clutch of high networth individuals.
12. Car and bike pooling platform Quick Ride is in talks to raise $4 million in a round led by Sequoia Capital, reported ET.
13. IT company Tech Mahindra today said it will acquire Czech Republic-based engineering services firm Inter-Informatics for around Rs 8 crore through a wholly-owned subsidiary.
14. Oppo has finalized discussions with some of its key components makers to establish production facilities in India.
15. Re commerce platform InstaCash has raised an undisclosed amount in funding from CompAsia, a Singapore-based mobile lifecycle solution provider.