Below is a list of deals that happened in Indian Startup Ecosystem today (12th July) including funding, merger, acquisition and many more.
1. Social e-commerce platform Shop101 has secured $5 million led by Stellaris Venture Partners with participation from Vy Capital, TaxiForSure co-founder Raghunandan G, and Livspace co-founder Ramakant Sharma.
2. Virtual reality startup SmartVizX has raised Rs 10 crore in pre-series A funding from YourNest Venture Capital and the Indian Angel Network’s IAN fund.
3. Chinese bicycle sharing behemoth Ofo has finally decided to shut down its operations in India within the next 60 days. It has around 30 employees in India.
4. Paytm has introduced forex service for money exchange of 20 international currencies on its platform in partnership with Centrum Direct.
5. Facebook-owned WhatsApp launched its “forwards label” in India, a measure that will help users identify if a text or a video is not originally composed and forwarded from another user.
6. Early childhood learning brand Magic Crate has raised an undisclosed amount in its third round of institutional funding led by consumer focussed venture capital firm Fireside Ventures.
7. SYSKA Group, a home grown brand has entered the Wires and Cables segment in India after successfully bringing innovations in the LED Lighting, Mobile Accessories and Personal Care appliances market.
8. Flipkart has organised ‘Big Shopping Days’ sale during July 16-19 to battle it out with rival Amazon India’s Prime Day, which starts on the same day.
9. Andhra Pradesh continues to be the best state to do business while Gujarat slipped two positions to rank fifth in the ease of doing business ranking prepared by the World Bank and the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP).
10. MobiKwik introduces instant loan of Rs 5000 on its app, in partnership with Bajaj Finserv
11. Tronx Motors, a Smartron company, has launched India’s first smart crossover Electric Bike: TRONX ONE that will be available exclusively through the store for INR 49,999/-.
12. SuVitas Holistic Healthcare launches Bangalore’s first dedicated transition care facility in Domlur today, the startup is looking at raising Rs 15 Cr expansion capital, to add centers in Mumbai and Chennai in a year followed by entry to 6 other cities