Below is a list of deals that happened in Indian Startup Ecosystem today (27th June) including funding, merger, acquisition and many more.
TodayUpdates: 1. Chinese smartphone brand Gionee will sell its India operations to the promoters of handset maker Karbonn Mobile and Gionee India’s minority shareholder, Arvind R Vohra, entering into a long-term brand licensing deal that is likely to be closed in two-three weeks.
2. US-headquartered digital payments company MoneyOnMobile plans to pump $6.2 million into its India operations to fuel its expansion plans.
3. Kerala government has allotted space to Japanese automotive major Nissan Motors to set up its digital innovation hub in Technocity, Thiruvananthapuram.
4. Global electronics major Flextronics will set up a facility in Andhra Pradesh to manufacture a range of intelligent products.
5. Flipkart-owned Myntra and Jabong added five lakh new customers to its platform during the recently-concluded four-day flagship sale, according to the company.
6. Uber won an appeal on Tuesday to regain its taxi licence in London after agreeing to stricter government oversight, reported ET.
7. Mumbai-based smart home automation startup Picostone has raised a $803.2K (Rs 5 Cr) funding, reported Inc42.
8. Chennai Start-up SP Robotics launches ‘Makers Lab’ to boost Innovation in the Fields of Robotics & IoT
9. HCL Acquires H&D International to Enhance Delivery Capabilities in Germany and Automotive Expertise Globally
10. Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences (KIMS Hospitals), a leading multi-disciplinary provider of healthcare services in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana, announced today that it has received a strategic growth investment of $130M from General Atlantic, a leading global growth equity firm.
11. Facebook will allow ads and related content on cryptocurrencies from “pre-approved advisers,” but will still not allow ads promoting binary options and initial coin offerings.
12. Mumbai-based CRM and marketing automation platform, Hashtag Loyalty has raised an undisclosed amount in seed round of funding from Ahimsa Capital.
13. Zomato has launched its restaurant reviews and rating platform across 25 new cities in India.
14. Gurugram-based Eko India Financial Services Pvt. Ltd, which provides domestic remittance services, has raised Rs 10 crore ($1.45 million) from US-based impact investor Creation Investments, reported VCCircle.