Below is a list of deals that happened in Indian Startup Ecosystem today (2nd August) including funding, merger, acquisition and many more.
1. Swiggy acquires on-demand delivery firm Scootsy for Rs 50 crore
2. Southeast Asian ride-hailing company Grab has raised a new investment of $1 billion from a clutch of financial firms, including global asset manager OppenheimerFunds and China’s Ping An Capital.
3. Ola-owned Foodpanda is planning to acquire a Mumbai-based shuttered food delivery startup Holachef in a distress sale.
4. Bytedance is shuttering the popular Musical.ly video app it acquired for nearly $1 billion in December 2017 and will move users to a revamped version of its homegrown competitor TikTok.
5. Artificial intelligence startup Racetrack.ai has secured $5 million from a group of high net-worth individuals in a funding round that has valued it at $21 million.
6. Google is planning to launch a censored version of its search engine in China.
7. Bengaluru-based startup ZestMoney on Thursday said it has acquired artificial intelligence platform PhotographAI.
8. Unified Payments Interface (UPI) has reported 4% fall in the number of transactions, from 246M in June to 235.6M in July, National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) revealed on a twitter post on Thursday.
9. Mumbai-based Fino Payments Bank has been asked to immediately stop onboarding new customers for payments banking service by RBI.
10. Mumbai-based Agrahyah Technologies is launching a new voice-based content platform, among the first such for Indian language content.
11. Kae Capital is investing about Rs 6.8 crore ($1 million) in hard liquor firm Boutique Spirit Brands (BSB) which sells rum and brandy under the brand names of Gladius and Zeusrespectively in Orissa and Andhra Pradesh.
12. Anheuser-Busch InBev invites academics, entrepreneurs, scientists and technologists to apply to the 100+ Accelerator with the aim of mobilizing the world’s brightest minds to solve some of the most pressing global sustainability issues.
13. The India Innovation Growth Programme (IIGP) 2.0, a tripartite initiative of the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India, Lockheed Martin and Tata Trusts announced the winners of the 2018 edition today in New Delhi. The winners have been awarded an amount of Rs. 25 lakhs each.