Below is a list of deals that happened in Indian Startup Ecosystem today (6th August) including funding, merger, acquisition and many more.
1. Bollywood actor John Abraham has picked up a minority stake in a Mumbai-based Guardian Healthcare, which works as a franchise partner of US-based health and nutrition company GNC in India.
2. Lenskart’s valuation reached at Rs 3,400 crore in the latest secondary deal led by TR Capital and Hong Kong-based hedge fund Steadview Capital.
3. Prime Minister Narendra Modi will launch the India Post Payments Banks (IPPB) on August 21.
4. Espark-Viridian, the startup accelerator, is calling in applications for its upcoming cohort AccessXcceleration.
5. Data analytics startup Mu Sigma is reportedly in discussion with private equity firm TPG Capital for a large stake sale, which could value the company at around $1.2B.
6. SoftBank had realised a 60% return on its stake in Flipkart by selling its shares for an estimated $4 billion to American retail behemoth Walmart, having earlier pumped in $2.5 billion in the Bengaluru-based company last year in August.
7. WS Retail, Flipkart’s former in-house vendor and one of the largest sellers in the Indian e-commerce space, has stopped selling on the Bengaluru headquartered e-tailer’s platform, reported ET.
8. Smarterhomes Technologies, a Bangalore based utility automation company that provides smart water metering solutions, expands its presence across three new cities, including Pune, Mumbai and Ahmedabad.
9. Gurugram-based personalised language learning app for pre-school kids, OckyPocky has raised an undisclosed round of angel funding with the support of startup focused growth catalyst ah! Ventures.
10. New Delhi-based micro-finance company, Satya MicroCapital has raised Rs 43 crore in funding led by Japan’s Gojo & Company, along with existing investor Dia Vikas Capital Pvt. Ltd.
11. Walmart is looking out for 1,000 tech graduates to fill in various technology roles.
12. Bus aggregator ZipGo has raised about Rs 300 crore (approx $44 million) Series B round from Essel Infra, an infrastructure arm of the Essel group, reported Entrackr.
13. PremjiInvest – the family office of Wipro chairman Azim Premji – has led a $100-million Series D round in e-commerce fraud-prevention company Signifyd.
14. Self-drive car rental start-up Zoomcar India Pvt. Ltd has raised $3.6 million (Rs 25 crore) in debt funding from Trifecta Capital.
15. Carmesi, India’s first premium, all natural and biodegradable sanitary pad brand, has closed a Pre-Series A funding of $0.5 million from Samrath Bedi, Managing Director, Forest Essentials – a luxury Ayurvedic beauty brand.
16. Indra Nooyi will step down as PepsiCo’s CEO after leading the US food and beverage giant for 12 years, the company announced today.
17. Hardware-focussed Harman International Industries, a subsidiary of South Korean company Samsung Electronics, has launched an online store for loudspeakers and associated electronics manufacturer JBL in India.
18. With an aim to strengthen the company’s top management, Flipkart has hired five senior executives at the level of vice president.
19. Paytm’s mutual funds offering Paytm Money has opened a beta testing product only for use among its employees.
20. Private equity firm Greater Pacific Capital (GPC) has received commitments of $300 million for the first close of a $700-million India-focused fund, reported LiveMint.